Coronavirus; Our Guidance and changes to our practices
As the situation with coronavirus (COVID-19) develops, we’ll be updating this page with changes to services and guidance to best keep our customers and colleagues safe, and to help you through these unprecedented times.
You can also watch British Sign Language versions of government advice on the SignHealth website.
If we need to visit your Premises
- Where we need to enter your home, we’ll give you advance notice
- We’ll keep a safe distance of 2 metres apart when we’re in your premises.
- Open the internal doors of any rooms we’ll be working in so we don’t need to touch them
- If possible stay in another room.
- Our colleagues and contractors will wear protective clothing appropriate for the task they’re carrying out and will observe strict hygiene procedures
- All colleagues and contractors will be up to date with the latest guidance on how to work safely
- Only essential work will be carried out in any household which is self-isolating. In such a case, prior arrangements will be made to avoid any face to face contact
- We have risk assessments in place that are in line with government advice
If you’re showing symptoms of coronavirus
We’re asking customers to tell us when they’re showing symptoms of coronavirus.
Symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
You’ll just need to let us know your name and address and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re asking for this information because we have an obligation to ensure the safety of our employees and contractors. We don’t keep this information for longer than necessary.